Try Discussions for all technical topics on Stack Overflow. Also, check out Discussions within Collectives™ on Stack Overflow:
- AWS Collective
- CI/CD Collective
- Google Cloud Collective
- Microsoft Azure Collective
- Mobile Development Collective
- NLP Collective
- PHP Collective
- R Language Collective
Why do this?
When developers are learning something new or formalizing a direction for a project, they often turn to others in the technical community to seek their advice and expertise. This experiment explores a new space on Stack Overflow where users can share quality, subjective content related to an area of practice.
Discussions can provide a fluid, conversational way for users of all skill levels to tap into the collective knowledge of the community. They can explore technical approaches, share different perspectives, and make more informed technical decisions.
- Share insights about all your favorite technologies.
- Seek advice, expertise, and best practices from others.
- Dive into meaningful conversations with others in the community.
- Communicate your opinions about specific areas of practice.
- Registered users can create new Discussions and reply to existing Discussions.
- While voting is supported and post scores are tracked, there is no reputation impact to voting within Discussions.