Every developer has a tab open on Stack Overflow.
We are one of the most popular websites in the world - a community-based space focused on increasing productivity, decreasing cycle times, accelerating time to market, and protecting institutional knowledge.
Innovation is at the heart of everything we do. We embrace collaboration, transparency, and believe in leading with empathy; creating an environment where every Stacker knows they belong. We embrace that the unique contributions and points of view of all Stackers contribute to our success.
We are a Best Company to Work For, in addition to being recognized for Best Company Leadership, Best Company Happiness, Best Company Perks and Benefits, Best Company Work-Life Balance, Best Company Compensation, and Best Company Outlook.
We are a remote-first company with Hiring HUBs based in the US, Canada, UK, and Germany.
Stack Overflow is seeking an experienced Senior Sales/Solution Engineer to support our Enterprise book of business for our product, Stack Overflow for Teams. You’ll serve as a subject matter expert and work directly with prospects/customers to present product capabilities, benefits, and value.
What you’ll do:
- Serve as an expert on our product for both external and internal sales questions.
- Support Account Executives by taking a consultative role in sales presentations,, including addressing all technical questions and development/configuration issues.
- Collaborate on and present product demonstrations to support the sales cycle, including helping customers see us as a differentiated company in the market.
- Research and understand our capabilities to provide support at key moments in deal cycles.
- Train members of the sales team on the technical nuances of our approach—and how to demonstrate our product differentiators.
What we expect from you:
- At least 5 years of experience in selling software solutions for Enterprise customers in a pre-sales technical role.
- Demonstrated strong written, oral and presentation skills with the ability to discuss highly technical concepts to all audiences.
- Strong prospecting, qualifying, and negotiating skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and in a team environment.
- Self-starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- High-energy levels paired with curiosity, an agile mindset, and a strong desire to learn business in a dynamic company.
What we like to see (but not required):
- Technical writing experience..
- Familiarity with our stack: Windows 2016 Server+, IIS, Elasticsearch, Redis.
Base salary will range from:
$140k - $165k
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive Base Salary
- Generous paid vacation
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks at 100% pay), family care leave, and unlimited sick days
- Equity (RSUs) for all employees at all levels
- Industry-leading health benefits that are applicable per country of residence for all our full-time employees
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Health & wellness stipend
- Home Internet stipend
- Professional allocation for your growth and development
- One-time allowance to assist with your home office setup
- Company-paid access to Calm, Bravely, LinkedIn Learning, MyAcademy and Overdrive
Stack Overflow is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We value diversity, inclusion, equity and belonging and these pillars are at the heart of how we work together here at Stack. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For individuals based in California, and other locations where required, we will consider employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.