Employer Branding Sales Manager
Every developer has a tab open on Stack Overflow.
We are one of the most popular websites in the world - a community-based space focused on increasing productivity, decreasing cycle times, accelerating time to market, and protecting institutional knowledge.
Innovation is at the heart of everything we do. We embrace collaboration, transparency, and believe in leading with empathy; creating an environment where every Stacker knows they belong. We embrace that the unique contributions and points of view of all Stackers contribute to our success.
We are a Best Company to Work For, in addition to being recognized for Best Company Leadership, Best Company Happiness, Best Company Perks and Benefits, Best Company Work-Life Balance, Best Company Compensation, and Best Company Outlook.
We are a remote-first company with Hiring HUBs based in the US, Canada, UK, and Germany.
We are looking for a Sales Manager in EMEA to join our Employer Branding (EB) Sales team. This position will be Remote and would report to the Sr. Managing Director of Employer Branding Sales. As a leader and integral member of the team, you’ll have a direct impact on the growth of EB revenue by leading your team of Account Executives through the sale of ad inventory on our highest-trafficked sites; Stack Overflow, Super User, ServerFault, as well as over 20 other tech-related Q&A sites.
The Employer Branding Sales Manager will be responsible for leading a team of Account Executives in driving business development and sales for the EB group at Stack Overflow. This individual will report to the Sr. Managing Director of EB and also will be working cross functionally to ensure that the EB offerings match the demands of the marketplace. Primary targets are mid-market and enterprise sized companies with a large demand for hiring and retaining Developers. .
What You’ll Do:
- The EB Sales Manager serves as a coach and mentor to the Account Executives under his/her leadership and acts as a sales champion developing and driving revenue growth for Stack Overflow Employer Branding sales.
- Responsible for leading their respective team in prospecting, pipeline development/management and closing sales, ultimately achieving or surpassing quarterly and annual sales targets.
- Manage their team via a data-driven approach with a keen ability to leverage available platforms and tools such as Salesforce, Gong, LinkedIn Navigator, Outreach and more.
- Products sold include but are not limited to: display, mobile, Company Pages, e-newsletters, podcast, sponsored blog posts and various sponsorship opportunities..
- Serve as an expert on the state of Employer Branding, especially as it relates to reaching developers. Follow trends, emerging technology, competitive landscape, etc. and have the ability to simply articulate complex topics to the Tech hiring community.
- Provide marketplace and customer feedback and requirements on emerging Employer brand trends to Product, Sales Planning, Production, Operations, Marketing, Account Planning.
- Collaborate and offer guidance around the execution of sold campaigns in coordination with media planning, customer success and ad operations teams.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- 5+ years of digital media/ad sales experience, preferably within the Talent Acquisition/Human Capital vertical.
- 4+ years of documented, successful, sales management experience
- Experience leading teams of “hunters”. The focus of this group will be on driving net new sales Internationally for EB.
- Strong communications skills and the ability to interact professionally with various groups and organizations.
- Must be able to develop a strong knowledge base of the marketplace we serve as well as our products, features and services and understand how our customers use them.
- Willing to travel, based on client and/or market needs
- Must be able to organize, prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- The ability to develop strong relationships internally with members of the sales team as well as with key clients.
Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE
- Sales leadership experience
- Proven track record of hitting or exceeding sales targets
- Multiple years of sales and management experience within digital media
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive Base Salary
- Generous paid vacation
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks at 100% pay), family care leave, and unlimited sick days
- Equity (RSUs) for all employees at all levels
- Industry-leading health benefits that are applicable per country of residence for all our full-time employees
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Health & wellness stipend
- Home Internet stipend
- Professional allocation for your growth and development
- One-time allowance to assist with your home office setup
- Company-paid access to Calm, Bravely, LinkedIn Learning, MyAcademy and Overdrive
Stack Overflow is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We value diversity, inclusion, equity and belonging and these pillars are at the heart of how we work together here at Stack. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For individuals based in California, and other locations where required, we will consider employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.