Major Account Executive, Employer Branding
Every developer has a tab open on Stack Overflow.
We are one of the most popular websites in the world - a community-based space focused on increasing productivity, decreasing cycle times, accelerating time to market, and protecting institutional knowledge.
Innovation is at the heart of everything we do. We embrace collaboration, transparency, and believe in leading with empathy; creating an environment where every Stacker knows they belong. We embrace that the unique contributions and points of view of all Stackers contribute to our success.
We are a Best Company to Work For, in addition to being recognized for Best Company Leadership, Best Company Happiness, Best Company Perks and Benefits, Best Company Work-Life Balance, Best Company Compensation, and Best Company Outlook.
We are a remote-first company with Hiring HUBs based in the US, Canada, UK, and Germany.
Stack Overflow is looking for a Major Account Executive (MAE) to join our team working exclusively on Enterprise clients and prospects. The Employment Branding products help developers around the world learn which companies are hiring and allows businesses to showcase themselves as a top employer to attract the best talent! The Major Account Executive will use their domain expertise and consultative selling expertise to support Stack Overflow’s enterprise Employment Branding products. The MAE will focus on a defined list of the most important and lucrative clients and prospects. This position will be involved in the entire sales cycle, including leading meetings to discuss current employment branding challenges, assess clients' pain and identify the solutions that best meet those needs.
Since many of the deals at this level carry significant revenue, it is customary for the decision-making process to involve multiple parties. To be successful at this level, you must influence and secure meaningful relationships with each participant and stakeholder. In order to do this effectively, the MAE will need to “map out” each client's decision-making process. To ensure accurate and meaningful understandings of their clients, MAE will meet with clients to provide better service, solidify relationships and uncover potential opportunities ahead of the competition.
What you'll do:
- Passionate, enthusiastic and a successful Enterprise new business salesperson who wants to be part of the largest developer community
- Be a key member in Stack’s sales team to drive net new business sales into large, strategic accounts
- Drive complex sales cycles through orchestrating internal teams of pre-sales, value management, bid management, inside sales, marketing and sales support
- You will use your experience and consultative selling skills to initiate long-standing relationships with prospective customers
- Build and maintain a healthy sales pipeline to achieve and exceed monthly sales quota
- Become a subject matter expert by acquiring ongoing marketplace intelligence by researching trends and best practices, reading business publications, seeking out learning and development opportunities and utilizing internal training resources
- Conduct tailored, web-based presentations via video conference and in person (when applicable) to showcase the reach of our unique Employment Branding model that will help prospective clients produce and tell their story to the largest developer network.
- Network diligently, creating business relationships, through multiple efforts including cold calling, in person sales calls, chamber attendance, networking (lead) groups, agents, and other appropriate methods
What we expect from you:
- 8+ years of experience in a closing sales role
- 5+ years of experience selling to F1000 and Global 500 accounts.
- Successful experience in an Enterprise “Hybrid” role. Must have plans you can articulate around both Enterprise Customer Acquisition and Enterprise Customer Retention.
- Proven track record of over-performance of quota.
- Experience selling Talent Acquisition solutions to C-levels within large enterprise accounts
- Experience closing multiple six and seven figure deals per year.
- Experience with digital advertising sales or web based services sales
- Understanding of the strategic competitive landscape and customer needs so you can effectively position Stack Overflow for Talent solutions within prospective accounts
- Successful track record of operationalizing and growing new business initiatives
- Proven ability in managing complex sales cycles from start to finish with a track record of successful revenue attainment
- Must be able to work independently, drive results and performance
- Passion for building trust and communicating effectively with customers
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and experience building strong internal and external relationships
- Successful Talent Marketing Agency experience (i.e Radancy - formerly TMP, Symphony Talent, HireClix). Either selling directly to agencies or past work experience.
- Successful track record of Enterprise Sales working for a competitor, i.e. LinkedIn, Indeed, ZipRecruiter, Dice, Monster, CareerBuilder etc.
- Experience with MEDDPIC or similar forecasting methodology.
- TA, IT and Marketing contacts at F1000 and Global 500 accounts.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive Base Salary
- Generous paid vacation
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks at 100% pay), family care leave, and unlimited sick days
- Equity (RSUs) for all employees at all levels
- Industry-leading health benefits that are applicable per country of residence for all our full-time employees
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Health & wellness stipend
- Home Internet stipend
- Professional allocation for your growth and development
- One-time allowance to assist with your home office setup
- Company-paid access to Calm, Bravely, LinkedIn Learning, MyAcademy and Overdrive
Stack Overflow is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We value diversity, inclusion, equity and belonging and these pillars are at the heart of how we work together here at Stack. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For individuals based in California, and other locations where required, we will consider employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.