Senior Data Scientist, Data Platform
Every developer has a tab open on Stack Overflow.
We are one of the most popular websites in the world - a community-based space focused on increasing productivity, decreasing cycle times, accelerating time to market, and protecting institutional knowledge.
Innovation is at the heart of everything we do. We embrace collaboration, transparency, and believe in leading with empathy; creating an environment where every Stacker knows they belong. We embrace that the unique contributions and points of view of all Stackers contribute to our success.
We are a Best Company to Work For, in addition to being recognized for Best Company Leadership, Best Company Happiness, Best Company Perks and Benefits, Best Company Work-Life Balance, Best Company Compensation, and Best Company Outlook.
We are a remote-first company with Hiring HUBs based in the US, Canada, UK, and Germany.
The Data Platform team at Stack Overflow builds and maintains the data processing and analytic pipelines that democratize access to data across our organization. Your cross-functional team will optimize flow and collection of all of our product and business data, enabling data at scale for Stack Overflow. You will own relationships with business customers and build models that enable our users to better find the information they are looking for.
What you’ll do:
- Architect data pipelines to collect and transform data necessary for training and serving LLMs
- Continuously improve LLM performance and accuracy
- Establish metrics for user activity
- Act as a thought leader and influence across the company to collect data to drive additional models
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader
What we expect from you:
- Proven track record of working with large-scale LLMs
- 5+ years experience building and optimizing ML/NLP models
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured data sets
- A track record of leading and mentoring less experienced data scientists. You are eager to teach others and invested in the growth of your team.
- Self-motivating, self-directing, and a great communicator (written and oral). You thrive in an environment that grants you a lot of autonomy to explore creative solutions.
- Excellent problem solving skills. You excel at analyzing and solving problems using technology.
- Hiring remotely in US or Canada
Base salary will range from: $152K - $180K
Please note the salary range above is for candidates hired in the U.S. only. For all countries outside of the U.S, the salary range will be adjusted accordingly to reflect local market compensation ranges.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive Base Salary
- Generous paid vacation
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks at 100% pay), family care leave, and unlimited sick days
- Equity (RSUs) for all employees at all levels
- Industry-leading health benefits that are applicable per country of residence for all our full-time employees
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Health & wellness stipend
- Home Internet stipend
- Professional allocation for your growth and development
- One-time allowance to assist with your home office setup
- Company-paid access to Calm, Bravely, LinkedIn Learning, MyAcademy and Overdrive
Stack Overflow is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We value diversity, inclusion, equity and belonging and these pillars are at the heart of how we work together here at Stack. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For individuals based in California, and other locations where required, we will consider employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.