Every developer has a tab open on Stack Overflow.
We are one of the most popular websites in the world - a community-based space focused on increasing productivity, decreasing cycle times, accelerating time to market, and protecting institutional knowledge.
Innovation is at the heart of everything we do. We embrace collaboration, transparency, and believe in leading with empathy; creating an environment where every Stacker knows they belong. We embrace that the unique contributions and points of view of all Stackers contribute to our success.
We are a Best Company to Work For, in addition to being recognized for Best Company Leadership, Best Company Happiness, Best Company Perks and Benefits, Best Company Work-Life Balance, Best Company Compensation, and Best Company Outlook.
We are a remote-first company with Hiring HUBs based in the US, Canada, UK, and Germany.
The Account Executive is responsible for driving revenue, along with developing and nurturing relationships with key Enterprise accounts and partners. You'll also work with cross-functional teams to help align our product roadmap and marketing materials with customer feedback. This role will report into the Sales Director, Teams.
What you’ll do:
- Respond to incoming leads and prospect for new business
- Develop relationships with a set number of key strategic accounts within a geographic region
- Begin to map-out or blueprint account stakeholders and buying processes through the development of relationships at prospect accounts
- Manage the full sales cycle including lead generation, cold calling, and managing relationships
- Serve as a key representative of the “customer voice” in the product development process internally and work with other members of the team to drive advancement of the product and overall business
- Work with the Managing Director, Teams and sales operations team to develop and evolve the sales process and associated infrastructure
- Work closely and in alignment with Customer Success team to ensure successful deployments and continued account growth
- Begin to uncover the specific pains of the various stakeholders and work to build strategies to trigger, drive and engage opportunities
- Provide feedback and viewpoint from the customer and sales team to help improve the Stack Overflow Teams product and business
What you’ll need to have:
- 1-3+ years SaaS sales experience with successful track record supporting Enterprise clients (1500-7500 employees)
- Experience closing sales and generating revenue
- Have a consistent track record of identifying customer needs and successfully implementing solutions
- Strong communicator able of working across teams and departments
- Comfortable with all aspects of lead generation including cold-calling and relationship building
- Passionate about the Stack Overflow story and our global connection to developers and ways that we can help them learn, share and level up
- Exceptional presentation and interpersonal skills, and an ability to interface to senior levels of an organization and develop productive C-level relationships
What You’ll Get in Return:
- Competitive Base Salary
- Generous paid vacation
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks at 100% pay), family care leave, and unlimited sick days
- Equity (RSUs) for all employees at all levels
- Industry-leading health benefits that are applicable per country of residence for all our full-time employees
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Health & wellness stipend
- Home Internet stipend
- Professional allocation for your growth and development
- Home office allowance of $2,000 (for remote employees) with an additional $450 allowance on each anniversary date
- Company-paid access to Calm, Bravely, LinkedIn Learning, MyAcademy and Overdrive
Stack Overflow is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We value diversity, inclusion, equity and belonging and these pillars are at the heart of how we work together here at Stack. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For individuals based in California, and other locations where required, we will consider employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.