Stack Overflow empowers the world to develop technology through collective knowledge. More than 100 million people visit Stack Overflow every month, making it one of the most-visited websites in the world.
Best known for its public platform, Stack Overflow helps people find the answers they need, when they need them. That includes serving up relevant technologies to the community through Stack Overflow Advertising, providing direct access to technology-specific subject matter experts with Collectives™, sharing more about companies as future employers, and helping teams scale with its market-leading knowledge sharing and collaboration platform, Stack Overflow for Teams.
The Stack Overflow for Teams helps software teams build better, faster, and easier by equipping them with Stack Overflow’s unique and industry-leading solution for team enablement. The Account Executive is responsible for driving revenue, along with developing and nurturing relationships with key Enterprise accounts and partners. You’ll also work with cross-functional teams to help align our product roadmap and marketing materials with customer feedback. This role will report into the Sales Director, Teams.
What you’ll do:
- Respond to incoming leads and prospect for new business
- Develop relationships with a set number of key strategic accounts within a geographic region
- Begin to map-out or blueprint account stakeholders and buying processes through the development of relationships at prospect accounts
- Manage the full sales cycle including lead generation, cold calling, and managing relationships
- Serve as a key representative of the “customer voice” in the product development process internally and work with other members of the team to drive advancement of the product and overall business
- Work with the Managing Director, Teams and sales operations team to develop and evolve the sales process and associated infrastructure
- Work closely and in alignment with Customer Success team to ensure successful deployments and continued account growth
- Begin to uncover the specific pains of the various stakeholders and work to build strategies to trigger, drive and engage opportunities
- Provide feedback and viewpoint from the customer and sales team to help improve the Stack Overflow Teams product and business
What you’ll need to have:
- 3+ years overall SaaS sales experience with successful track record supporting Strategic clients (7500+ employees)
- 4+ years experience selling enterprise technology in a fast-paced and competitive market
- Experience closing sales and generating revenue
- Have a consistent track record of identifying customer needs and successfully implementing solutions
- Strong communicator able of working across teams and departments
- Comfortable with all aspects of lead generation including cold-calling and relationship building
- Passionate about the Stack Overflow story and our global connection to developers and ways that we can help them learn, share and level up
- Exceptional presentation and interpersonal skills, and an ability to interface to senior levels of an organization and develop productive C-level relationships
What You’ll Get in Return:
- Competitive Base Salary between $120K and $180K USD + Commission
- Generous paid vacation
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks at 100% pay), family care leave, and unlimited sick days
- Equity for all employees at all level
- Industry-leading health benefits that are applicable per country of residence for all our full-time employees
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Health & wellness stipend
- Home Internet stipend
- Professional allocation for your growth and development
- Company-paid access to Calm, Bravely, LinkedIn Learning, and Overdrive
If your role is not located in one of our offices…. We’ll reimburse you up to $2,000 to set up a great home office. And, you will receive an additional $400 allowance for your home office set up on each anniversary date.
We’re a remote-friendly team. Whether you work remotely or work in one of our offices, you’ll be part of a team culture that emphasizes online communication (Slack, GitHub, Hangouts, Zoom, Stack Overflow for Teams).
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Exchange, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.