Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. More than 50 million professional and aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, and find job opportunities.
We partner with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, and enable the world's developers. The products and services are focused on technical recruiting, developer marketing, and enterprise knowledge sharing. Our clientele includes Google, Microsoft, Bloomberg, and many other Fortune 500 names.
Stack Overflow’s Business Analytics team, a part of the Finance department, supports Stackers across the organization by delivering analyses and reporting solutions that drive strategic decision making. As a Business Analyst, you'll partner with leaders to build and deliver data-driven insights & analyses. This role will provide opportunities to channel your passions for using data to answer tough questions, building consultative relationships, and solving problems with technology.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across various departments, acting as a data-fluent consultant to define and measure success
- Design, build, and maintain impactful dashboards & data visualizations that provide strategic insight on company performance
- Perform analyses to inform business recommendations for marketing, product, sales, customer success, finance, and more
- Work with engineering to integrate data collected from new tools into our schema and ensure performance
- Routinely audit and provide data governance around key metrics, executive dashboards, reporting content, and user permissions to ensure data quality is consistent
- Diagnose and troubleshoot data discrepancies and errors
- Develop ETL/ELT workflows and datasets from various sources
Who we are looking for:
The ideal candidate has a balance of technical and soft skills and has worked within a rapidly growing SaaS organization, partnering with leaders to define and measure success.
- You are a trusted partner. When someone comes to you with a data need, you help them narrow in on their needs, present alternatives for them to consider, and give them something actionable.
- You are a builder and automator. You know how to build tools and automations to make data easy to access and understand.
- You have experience working with leaders to create metrics and reporting that drive actionable insights and improved outcomes.
- You’re a team player with opinions on how a data team should operate within a hyper-growth environment.
- You’re able to communicate effectively and “translate” between technical and non-technical colleagues.
- You’re a lifelong learner eager to try new approaches, grow your skills, and share with others.
- You think and act strategically while prioritizing tasks in a timely manner.
What you’ll need to have:
- 3+ years of experience in data analytics with a focus on Product/Marketing/Sales Analytics, presenting to senior leadership, building ETL workflows, managing databases, leveraging BI Tools, and reporting across the organization
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering, a related quantitative discipline, or equivalent practical experience
- Technologies you’ve used: moderate-to-advanced SQL, BI/Data Visualization tools (Looker, Power BI, Tableau or similar), Excel
- Additional technologies that will get you ahead: Python, R, Snowflake, Databricks, BigQuery, Zuora, Microsoft SQL Server, Google Cloud, JIRA, GIT/GitHub
- Experience defining and tracking traditional SaaS metrics such as NRR, CAC, LTV (preferred)
Some of what you’ll get in return:
- Competitive Base Salary between $92K and $138K USD
- Generous paid vacation
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks at 100% pay), family care leave, and unlimited sick days
- Equity for all employees at all level
- Industry-leading health benefits that are applicable per country of residence for all our full-time employees
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Health & wellness stipend
- Home Internet stipend
- Professional allocation for your growth and development
- Company-paid access to Calm, Bravely, LinkedIn Learning, and Overdrive
If your role is not located in one of our offices…. We’ll reimburse you up to $2,000 to set up a great home office.
If you want to work in our office… You’ll be in our headquarters in New York City, and enjoy additional benefits like free lunches, transportation reimbursement, and all the espresso you can drink.
We’re a remote-friendly team. Whether you work remotely or work out of our New York office (re-opening voluntarily Fall 2021), you’ll be part of a remote work culture that emphasizes online communication (Slack, GitHub, Hangouts, Zoom, Stack Overflow for Teams).
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Exchange, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.