Stack Overflow empowers the world to develop technology through collective knowledge. More than 100 million people visit Stack Overflow every month, making it one of the most-visited websites in the world.
Best known for its public platform, Stack Overflow helps people find the answers they need, when they need them. That includes serving up relevant technologies to the community through Stack Overflow Advertising, providing direct access to technology-specific subject matter experts with Collectives™, sharing more about companies as future employers, and helping teams scale with its market-leading knowledge sharing and collaboration platform, Stack Overflow for Teams.
The SMB Account Executive role is a full sales cycle position in the small to medium-sized business segment (accounts with up to 1,500 employees). We have incredible name recognition and receive copious inbound leads in this segment. Inbound lead follow-up will be part of the job, however, fanatcial outbound prospectors wanted. There is a huge amount of potential in this market segment. As each individual brings unique skills, experiences, and capabilities to the position, documenting your successes and sharing best practices and insights among your teammates is an important part of the role. Daily tasks will include account mapping, cold reach outs, pitches, and proposal creation with prospective clients, as well as maintaining relationships with existing clients.
What You’ll Do
- Prospect for new business via phone, email, social media, and networking
- Tailor proposals for each prospect based on their specific needs
- Close deals
- Coordinate with sales management and marketing, when appropriate, to ensure lead generation is in alignment with sales objectives
- Assist in ongoing support and development of existing accounts
- Provide feedback to sales management, marketing, and product development to improve product, services, training, and customer experience
- Consistently pursue industry knowledge and sales strategies
- Develop understanding of sales methods, philosophies, and the Solution Selling sales approach
What You’ll Need to Have
- College degree (BA/BS) preferred
- 3+ years sales experience (1+ years enterprise sales experience is a plus)
- Experience closing sales is preferred
- Passionate about all aspects of lead generation including cold-calling and social selling
- Relentless and creative approach to generating pipeline and revenue
- Have a consistent track record of identifying customer needs and successfully implementing solutions
- Strong relationship building, organization, and business development skills
- Proven ability to self-motivate and adapt to a changing environment
What You’ll Get in Return:
- Competitive Base Salary (£55K - £60k) plus commission
- Generous paid vacation
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks at 100% pay), family care leave, and unlimited sick days
- Equity for all employees at all level
- Industry-leading health benefits that are applicable per country of residence for all our full-time employees
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Health & wellness stipend
- Home Internet stipend
- Professional allocation for your growth and development
- Company-paid access to Calm, Bravely, LinkedIn Learning, and Overdrive
If your role is not located in one of our offices…. We’ll reimburse you up to $2,000 to set up a great home office. And, you will receive an additional $400 allowance for your home office set up on each anniversary date.
We’re a remote-friendly team. Whether you work remotely or work in one of our offices, you’ll be part of a team culture that emphasizes online communication (Slack, GitHub, Hangouts, Zoom, Stack Overflow for Teams).
#LI-Remote #BI-Remote #LI-MP1