Stack Overflow empowers the world to develop technology through collective knowledge. More than 100 million people visit Stack Overflow every month, making it one of the most-visited websites in the world.
Best known for its public platform, Stack Overflow helps people find the answers they need, when they need them. That includes serving up relevant technologies to the community through Stack Overflow Advertising, providing direct access to technology-specific subject matter experts with Collectives™, sharing more about companies as future employers, and helping teams scale with its market-leading knowledge sharing and collaboration platform, Stack Overflow for Teams.
Stack Overflow (SO) is looking for a Strategic Partner Alliance Manager to help establish and grow our strategic alliances with software technology partners and systems integrators. You will report to the Strategic Business Development Director and directly influence the acceleration of Stack Overflow’s growth plan in current and new markets through an alliance network.
You will create new partner channels and increase our awareness across existing partner channels. You will engage these partners with our sales representatives to support and grow value for existing customers and source and help to close new customers. You will be responsible for training the SO sales teams on partnering methodologies, brokering introductions to partner representatives and identifying best practices and successes according to observations in the field.
What you will do
- You will be responsible for facilitating and advancing relationships between our ISV partners and our GTM team
- You will drive sales execution across activities, including coordination of lead generation-related and joint sales enablement activities between ISV partners and the SO field organizations.
- You will broker internal resources, tools, references and/or investments needed to execute on the business plans in order to help meet the set goals.
- You will understand the business objectives our Independent Software Vendors (ISV) partners are trying to achieve and align these with the existing positioning of our solutions to meet partner, customer and SO sales needs
- You will be on the Strategic Business Development team, reporting to the Director of Strategic Business Development and EdTech.
- You will also work closely with Sales, Marketing, Product, RevOps, and Customer Success.
What you bring to the team
- Proven experience leading go-to-market business alliances at a fast-growing SaaS company, ideally 5+ years
- Experience carrying a sales quota working directly with customers to drive actionable outcomes and results
- Experience in a customer success function at a major software company
- Experience working with Product Marketing, Sales, and Customer Success teams
- You have experience building partnerships in the B2B space that lead to sourced sales pipeline and revenue. Bonus if that’s within the knowledge collaboration or modern work space.
- Data-driven mindset - make decisions based on data and insights
- Proactive and creative nature and attitude; cannot lose mentality
- Excel at working collaboratively
- Think and act strategically as well as execute tasks on time
- Communicate effectively with all levels of an organization
What You’ll Get in Return:
- Competitive Base Salary ($120K to $180K)
- Generous paid vacation
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks at 100% pay), family care leave, and unlimited sick days
- Equity for all employees at all level
- Industry-leading health benefits that are applicable per country of residence for all our full-time employees
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Health & wellness stipend
- Home Internet stipend
- Professional allocation for your growth and development
- Company-paid access to Calm, Bravely, LinkedIn Learning, and Overdrive
If your role is not located in one of our offices…. We’ll reimburse you up to $2,000 to set up a great home office. And, you will receive an additional $400 allowance for your home office set up on each anniversary date.
We’re a remote-friendly team. Whether you work remotely or work in one of our offices, you’ll be part of a team culture that emphasizes online communication (Slack, GitHub, Hangouts, Zoom, Stack Overflow for Teams).
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Exchange, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.