Stack Overflow empowers the world to develop technology through collective knowledge. More than 100 million people visit Stack Overflow every month, making it one of the most-visited websites in the world.
Best known for its public platform, Stack Overflow helps people find the answers they need, when they need them. That includes serving up relevant technologies to the community through Stack Overflow Advertising, providing direct access to technology-specific subject matter experts with Collectives™, sharing more about companies as future employers, and helping teams scale with its market-leading knowledge sharing and collaboration platform, Stack Overflow for Teams.
We are searching for a motivated and dynamic Technical Sales Enablement Lead to support the enablement of our Sales Engineering team. The person in this role will be instrumental in leading and implementing learning programs, building eLearning and training sessions, and supporting other critical strategic programs that focus on the development of our Sales Engineering organization from onboarding through continuous development. In this role, you will be an individual contributor on the Sales Enablement team that supports our Stack Overflow for Teams product.
A successful candidate has experience onboarding and enabling Sales Engineers in rapidly growing & highly successful SaaS sales teams. The role requires a self-starter with a unique blend of proven technical sales training development and delivery skills, project management skills, communication skills, and technical skills.
What You’ll Do:
- Oversee and run the 30-60-90 day Sales Engineer onboarding program to reduce ramp times
- Partner with Sales Engineering Leadership to identify skill and knowledge gaps, and develop programs and trainings to fill those gaps
- Design and run role-specific training at Boot Camps, SKO and as needed
- Coach and mentor Sales Engineer new hires throughout the ramp period and foster a culture of peer to peer and manager coaching
- Partner with product management and product teams to align technical training and enablement priorities with Stack’s product roadmap
- Assist with the maintenance of the Learning Management System with curated content, self-service, and certification mechanisms, ensuring all content is current
- Monitor Sales engineer new hire and new-to-role progress and communicate regular status updates to key stakeholders in Sales Enablement, and Sales Management
- Develop, contribute, and help maintain technical sales enablement resources and materials including learning paths, certification programs, sales engineer playbooks, and a content library
What You’ll Need to Have:
- 4+ years of software industry experience (Technical Enablement experience, Sales / Solution Engineering experience)
- Keen eye for business and proven track record in program management
- Previous experience developing and delivering training programs for Sales engineering audience
- Self-motivated and able to work remotely and under pressure; diligent with deliverables and deadlines, able to multitask
- Excellent interpersonal skills – verbal and written
- Knowledge of Value Selling Methodologies (Command of the Message preferred)
- Familiar with MEDDPICC qualification tool
- Experience managing Learning Management System
Nice to Have:
- Bachelor's degree in Business
- Familiarity with video software editing software (like Camtasia)
What You’ll Get in Return:
- Generous paid vacation
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks at 100% pay), family care leave, and unlimited sick days
- Equity for all employees at all level
- Industry-leading health benefits that are applicable per country of residence for all our full-time employees
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Health & wellness stipend
- Home Internet stipend
- Professional allocation for your growth and development
- Company-paid access to Calm, Bravely, LinkedIn Learning, and Overdrive
If your role is not located in one of our offices…. We’ll reimburse you up to $2,000 to set up a great home office. And, you will receive an additional $400 allowance for your home office set up on each anniversary date.
We’re a remote-friendly team. Whether you work remotely or work in one of our offices, you’ll be part of a team culture that emphasizes online communication (Slack, GitHub, Hangouts, Zoom, Stack Overflow for Teams).
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Exchange, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.
#LI-Remote #LI -SP1