Stack Overflow empowers the world to develop technology through collective knowledge. More than 100 million people visit Stack Overflow every month, making it one of the most-visited websites in the world.
Best known for its public platform, Stack Overflow helps people find the answers they need, when they need them. That includes serving up relevant technologies to the community through Stack Overflow Advertising, providing direct access to technology-specific subject matter experts with Collectives™, sharing more about companies as future employers, and helping teams scale with its market-leading knowledge sharing and collaboration platform, Stack Overflow for Teams.
We’re looking for someone with experience in managing and growing a support and Service Desk team. The IT Service Desk Manager (SDM) is a critical role in any IT Service Management (ITSM) operation. You will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day activities of the Service Desk to ensure our internal customers receive the support and service they require. In addition to managing daily operations, you will also be responsible for monitoring and reporting on operational KPIs to ensure the support team is meeting established business SLA and resolving issues in accordance with policies and procedures.
You’re an established IT leader who serves as a mentor and plays coach to high-performing operations teams. You know your stuff when it comes to corporate security and compliance, and you find creative ways to implement best practices in those areas. And what you don’t know, you’re willing to figure out with your peers. You are process-oriented and rigorous in following up on your plans and commitments. Above all, you value servant leadership and you are driven to support the needs of every employee who walks through Stack Overflow’s hallways (virtual or otherwise), no matter their role, personal background, or technical experience level. You enable every Stack employee to support the diverse developer community we are nurturing.
What you’ll do:
- Hiring employees
- Process definition
- Policy definition
- Setting and tracking team goals and objectives
- Mid-year and annual reviews
- Mentoring and coaching
- Workload balancing
- Operational performance monitoring
- Continuous improvement
- SLA compliance
- KPI reporting
- SOP creation and maintenance
- Vendor Management
- Special projects
- Service Transition
- Changes and releases
- Liaising with internal team and various stakeholders
What we’re looking for:
- Servant leadership mindset – one that models humility and empathy through action
- Conflict-management skills
- Prioritization skills including prioritizing the work of others and managing multiple priorities
- Ability to quickly assess the impact of a given situation
- Communication skills across the organization i.e. peers, staff, executives, end-users, and other types of stakeholders
- Experience with multiple hardware and software platforms
- 5+ years’ experience directly managing high-performing IT support or IT operations teams, or commensurate experience preferably in an ITIL organization
- Ability to work with remote employees across many time zones
- Experience with both security and compliance (ISO 27001/SOC2 a plus)
- ITILv3 Foundation (or higher) certification requires v4 preferred
- Knowledge of Fresh Service or other ITSM ticketing systems
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally (5%-10%)
Also note: If this job interests you but you aren’t certain if you meet all of the requirements, apply anyway!
Our ecosystem includes
- Google Suite
- Cisco and Meraki Networking Gear
- Bash, Python, Powershell
- Windows and Linux servers
- Mac and PC laptops
- Workspace One and Carbon Black
What You’ll Get in Return:
- Competitive Base Salary between $130,000 and $150,000
- Generous paid vacation
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks at 100% pay), family care leave, and unlimited sick days
- Equity for all employees at all level
- Industry-leading health benefits that are applicable per country of residence for all our full-time employees
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Health & wellness stipend
- Home Internet stipend
- Professional allocation for your growth and development
- Company-paid access to Calm, Bravely, LinkedIn Learning, and Overdrive
If your role is not located in one of our offices…. We’ll reimburse you up to $2,000 to set up a great home office. And, you will receive an additional $400 allowance for your home office set up on each anniversary date.
We’re a remote-friendly team. Whether you work remotely or work in one of our offices, you’ll be part of a team culture that emphasizes online communication (Slack, GitHub, Hangouts, Zoom, Stack Overflow for Teams).
#LI-SB1 #LI-Remote #BI-Remote