Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. More than 50 million professional and aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, and find job opportunities.
We partner with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, and enable the world's developers. Our products and services are focused on developer marketing, technical recruiting, market research, and enterprise knowledge sharing. Our clientele includes Google, Microsoft, Bloomberg, and many other Fortune 500 names.
As our Director of Product Experience, your leadership will drive the programmatic user journey through our products. An important role in the Product Led Growth of Stack Overflow, you will partner with Product Management, Marketing and Customer Success to improve, evolve and measure the impact of our products for our customers and users. You will lead a team of Product and Data Analysts responsible for Intercom, Amplitude and other data analysis tools. You and your team will be responsible for enabling onboarding of new users, encouraging engagement or re-engagement of our users, and impact revenue through conversion or expansion on our products. You will report directly to the Chief Product Officer and collaborate with a cross functional set of colleagues.
What you’ll do:
- Define, implement and evolve the programmatic customer journey through our products to drive adoption, engagement and conversion.
- Collaborate with Product, Customer Success and Marketing teams to deliver impact and opportunities to our users.
- Stay current with industry, product and market trends to identify potential ideas and approaches to Product Led Growth.
- Develop a culture of experimentation and innovation to drive Product Led KPIs and goals.
- Enable data driven decision making throughout the organization with regards to product and user insights in a self-serve approach.
- Develop key metrics, collect appropriate data and present findings to stakeholders to inform them of progress, opportunities and insights.
What you’ll need to have:
- 8+ years experience in product, customer success with at least 2 years in leadership roles.
- An understanding of Stack Overflow, other Stack Exchange network sites and Stack Overflow for Teams.
- Understanding and experience with Product Led Growth and working closely with Product and Marketing teams.
- Agility to analyze and make decisions quickly,iterating with the team as you learn and progress.
- Strong, adaptive communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to communicate succinctly to senior leadership, empathize with users, and collaborate effectively with functional colleagues.
- Strong data analytics skills to objectively analyze product and user metrics to identify opportunities, provide key insights, and share with appropriate stakeholders.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive base salary
- 20 days paid vacation
- Flexible hours
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- Great office w/ espresso bar, games, and free daily lunches
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Transportation reimbursement
Employment is conditioned upon successful completion of a background check and upon having the appropriate legal right to work.
Diverse teams build better products
Legally, we need you to know this: Stack Exchange, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this: We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.