Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. More than 50 million professional and aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, and find job opportunities.
We partner with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, and enable the world's developers. The products and services are focused on technical recruiting, developer marketing, and enterprise knowledge sharing. Our clientele includes Google, Microsoft, Bloomberg, and many other Fortune 500 names.
The Business Systems Analyst at Stack Overflow is responsible for supporting the Finance, Revenue Operations and Sales teams achieve their mission principally by providing functional and technical support to ensure the peak functionality and process flows are in place for key operating systems while also identifying, recommending and implementing solutions for business challenges and identifying opportunities for improvement, efficiency and best practice. The Business Systems Analyst will play an important role in ensuring the organization can reach its goal to scale quickly and fulfill its mission globally. The Business Systems Analyst reports directly to the Financial Controller in New York.
The Business Systems Analyst oversees the functions listed below ensuring that the key systems and
processes relating to Stack Overflow’s financial tools continue to function and operate successfully:
- Utilize your expert knowledge of the Zuora application environment to provide overall
- Provide end-user support and proactively resolve escalated user cases
- Investigate and resolve data discrepancies; detecting and resolving application errors
- Design and implement improvements to the internal workflow processes and controls
- Set-up, configure and maintain system configuration and parameters
- Support third party integrations including Salesforce zCPQ, Avalara taxation, Advertising
- Campaign Management tool and other applications required by the user group
- Support the operation and administration of Zuora reporting
- Participate in design discussions and ensure required functional specifications are
delivered on any improvements or new implementations
- Work on improved training and documentation of system functionality and processes
- Continued assessment of the systems utilized for improved functionality, efficiency, and
effectiveness in a growing and changing business environment
- Assist with related special projects, ad hoc reporting, and other duties as needed
What you’ll need to have:
- Experience with Zuora including, ZBilling, Z360, ZQuotes, and Workflows
- Experience working with Salesforce, including zCPQ
- Bachelor's degree in business, computer science, or IT related field
- Ability and willingness to learn new systems and take on new projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable translating between technical requirements and financial/business processes
- Energetic, highly organized and a self starter with the ability to work independently and as
part of a team
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficientlyAbility to manage time-sensitive projects and collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Strong project and process management skills
- Experience working in software/hi-tech industry with previous SaaS and ad tech revenue
- SageIntacct ERP (or equivalent) experience
- Chargify Billing experience
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Certified Zuora Administrator
- We’re a distributed, remote team and you’ll be part of a work culture that emphasizes online & asynchronous communication with minimal meetings and ceremonies
- We’re generally very flexible on working hours, though we do ask everyone on the team to maintain an overlap with (at least) 10AM - 1PM US Eastern time
- We don’t consider applications without cover letters - please make sure to include yours and talk about why you want to work here!
Some of what you’ll get in return:
- Competitive Base Salary between $104K and $156K USD
- 20 days paid vacation
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks at 100% pay), family care leave, and paid sick days
- Long-term incentive (equity grant)
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- 401K match
- Health & Wellness stipend
- Employees will never be poked with a sharp stick
If your role is not located in one of our offices…. We’ll reimburse you up to $2,000 to set up a great home office.
If you want to work in our office… You’ll be in our headquarters in New York City, and enjoy additional benefits like free lunches, transportation reimbursement, and all the espresso you can drink.
We’re a remote-friendly team. Whether you work remotely or work out of our New York office (re-opening voluntarily Fall 2021), you’ll be part of a remote work culture that emphasizes online communication (Slack, GitHub, Hangouts, Zoom, Stack Overflow for Teams).
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Exchange, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.
#LIRemote #BI-Remote #LI-SP1