Product Marketing Manager, Community
Stack Overflow is on a mission to empower the world to develop technology through collective knowledge. More than 100 million developers and technologists come to Stack Overflow’s public platform every month making it one of the most-visited websites in the world. To learn more about us, visit stackoverflow.com/company.
We’re adding a Product Marketing Manager to the team to own all aspects of product marketing for features on Stack Overflow. This is a new position within the company that will play a critical role in articulating the value to our large audience of developers and technologists and growing the community’s adoption and usage of these features.
What you’ll do:
- Become an expert on the Stack Overflow product and the needs of the Stack Overflow developer community.
- Develop clear product messaging for Stack Overflow users. Use research and insights to create compelling value propositions and help shape future product development.
- Manage go-to-market planning. You’ll work cross-functionally with colleagues in Product Management, Research and Design, Community, Brand Design, Content Marketing, Communications and Social Media.
- Liaise with other Product Marketing Managers to understand how new public platform features relate to our paid products.
- Own the development of marketing collateral to promote features and benefits to our users. Manage internal and external resources to produce these assets.
- Partner with Community, Product Management and Product Design to develop user-facing training and in-product messaging to support onboarding and drive adoption/engagement.
- Partner with Marketing to develop programs and campaigns that generate awareness for Stack Overflow.
What you'll have:
- Minimum of 2-5 years of experience with a B2B technology, developer community or open source organization in a technical product marketing, developer marketing, and/or developer relations role.
- Must have experience working with developer communities and ecosystems.
- Experience managing user personas, product messaging and positioning, collateral development, user training and product launches.
- Experience partnering with Product, Research, Community, Product Design, Customer Success, Marketing, and Design teams.
- Excellent writing and communication skills. You’re comfortable presenting to users and peers.
- Experience analyzing data to define success metrics and using available insights to tell a story.
- While we’re very open to hiring remote (globally), we need your working hours to overlap with at least the hours of 10AM - 1PM US Eastern time.
- If this job interests you but you aren’t certain if you meet all of the requirements, apply anyway - we value different perspectives and experience.
- We’ll only consider applications with a cover letter - please make sure to include yours and tell us what you’ll bring to the team.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive Base Salary (112,000 - $140,000 - $168,000)
- 20 days paid vacation
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks at 100% pay), family care leave, and paid sick days
- Long-term incentive (equity grant)
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- 401K match
- Health & Wellness stipend
- Employees will never be poked with a sharp stick
If your role is not located in one of our offices…. We’ll reimburse you up to $2,000 to set up a great home office.
If you want to work in our office… You’ll be in our headquarters in New York City, and enjoy additional benefits like free lunches, transportation reimbursement, and all the espresso you can drink.
We’re a remote-friendly team. Whether you work remotely or work out of our offices you’ll be part of a remote work culture that emphasizes online communication (Slack, GitHub, Hangouts, Zoom, Stack Overflow for Teams).
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Exchange, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.