Remote - North America, South America, Europe
(Canada, Mexico, Chile, Argentina, Brazil, UK, Ireland, Germany, Sweden, Norway, Poland, Spain, Austria, Slovenia, Czech R, Portugal, Netherlands, Switzerland)
We are targeting GMT +1 to GMT -8 in the countries identified with core overlapping hours of 10am-1pm Eastern Standard
At Stack Overflow, our mission is to empower the world’s developers. Every day, millions of developers come to us to get answers to their programming questions, collaborate better with their teams, and find their next dream job. As the world continues to transform with technology as a leading force, we’re driven to make Stack Overflow a place where everyone feels welcome to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers.
As we continue to grow and develop, Stack Overflow is making a significant investment in automated testing to make it an integral part of our engineering practice.
As a Senior Test Engineer, you’ll join a cross-disciplinary team of engineers, designers, and product managers working on new and existing features while supporting existing automated testing and test plans for our product tiers. The contributions you’ll make will have a far-reaching impact and help shape the future of the world’s largest community of developers.
What you’ll bring:
Incremental improvement is your jam. You’re excited to solve problems and facilitate improving our testing process and system. Looking at big problems and breaking it down into smaller, achievable parts is a tried and true approach that you’ve implemented before. Looking beyond traditional metrics while creating meaningful confidence in our products and processes is a challenge that you can get behind. Bringing the most effective testing practices to technically diverse groups is something that is second nature, and you’re excited to work with a variety of people and teams.
We’re looking for:
- 4+ years of experience in QA, Test Engineering, or other related disciplines, preferably with at least one year leading a team.
- Deep understanding of automated test principles and methodologies and the ability to practically apply those to different team needs
- Experience creating and maintaining test plans and turning them into end-to-end visual tests using intelligent automated testing tools, such as mabl, Functionize or similar
- Demonstrated ability to identify organization level strategic challenges early and work with your team to bring solutions
- Be able to efficiently communicate risks, trade-offs, and solutions to groups with diverse technical understanding.
- Experience managing day to day activities of a small testing or QA team.
- Have worked remotely and/or worked with teams that are distributed geographically.
- Living and working within GMT-7:00 (US) to GMT+2:00 (Europe) time zones.
Also note: If this job interests you but you aren’t certain if you meet all of the requirements, apply anyway!
We’re a remote-first team. Whether you work remotely or work out of our New York office (re-opening in Fall 2021 at the earliest due to COVID-19), you’ll be part of a remote work culture that emphasizes online communication (Slack, GitHub, Hangouts, Zoom, Stack Overflow for Teams). While we’re generally very flexible on working hours, living and working within GMT-7:00 to GMT+2:00 time zones (US through Europe) is required for scheduling and interaction with your team and support staff who assist our customers. We also believe in strong work-life balance and are focused on making sure that everyone finds a good balance, whether in-office or remotely.
What you’ll get in return:
In the United States, benefits include
- Competitive base salary between $102K - $138K USD
- 20 days paid vacation
- Generous parental leave (12-16 weeks at 100% pay), family care leave, and unlimited sick days
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Employment is conditioned upon successful completion of a background check and upon having the appropriate legal right to work.
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Exchange, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.