Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. More than 60 million professional and aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, and find job opportunities. We partner with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, and enable the world's developers. The products and services are focused on technical recruiting, developer marketing, and enterprise knowledge sharing.
Due to our continued growth, we’re looking to hire an experienced Digital Media Planner to join our Advertising Sales team. This position would be based out of our New York HQ and would report to our Managing Director of Ad Sales. As an integral member of the 10+ person ad sales team, you’ll have a direct impact on the growth of Ad Revenue through the supporting of sales of ad inventory on our highest trafficked sites; Stack Overflow, Super User, and Server Fault, as well as 62 other tech-related Q&A sites. This is also a great role for an individual who would like to eventually move fully into a sales role at Stack Overflow Advertising.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with the Account Executives on the Ad Sales team to assist them in building media plans on behalf of their customers
- Research clients’ needs and build strong proposals incorporating input from Account Executives and client directives
- Master the knowledge around how to use OperativeOne, our order management system that is integrated with our Ad Server
- Develop a comfort level and proficiency working in Salesforce especially as it integrates with OperativeOne workflow
- Work with the Managing Director to incorporate guidance and feedback on how to prioritize objectives across multiple salespeople and multiple accounts with a variety of deadlines.
- Work closely with Customer Success Manager and Account Executives on media plan building and optimization to drive effective account and campaign management, optimization and renewals
What you should have:
- 1+ years minimum of media planning or sales experience, preferably in digital media
- An understanding of digital media planning and ad serving best practices
- A strong comfort level working with a media planning tool on behalf of multiple Account Executives
- Friendly, ethical and honest
- Understanding of the media sales landscape
- Media background preferred, previous experience in tech preferred
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Work closely with and learn from the existing sales team
- Ability to research a clients’ needs and build strong proposals
- Self-sufficient, but not afraid to ask questions when necessary
What you’ll get in return:
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive Base Salary (include range here)
- 20 days paid vacation
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks at 100% pay), family care leave, and paid sick days
- Long-term incentive (equity grant)
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- 401K match
- Health & Wellness stipend
- Employees will never be poked with a sharp stick
If your role is not located in one of our offices…. We’ll reimburse you up to $2,000 to set up a great home office.
If you want to work in our office… You’ll be in our headquarters in New York City, and enjoy additional benefits like free lunches, transportation reimbursement, and all the espresso you can drink.
We’re a remote-friendly team. Whether you work remotely or work out of our offices you’ll be part of a remote work culture that emphasizes online communication (Slack, GitHub, Hangouts, Zoom, Stack Overflow for Teams).
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Exchange, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.