Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. More than 60 million professional and aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, and find job opportunities. We partner with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, and enable the world's developers. The products and services are focused on employment branding, developer marketing, and enterprise knowledge sharing. Our clientele includes Google, Microsoft, Bloomberg, and many other Fortune 500 names. We’re a profitable and fast-growing organization looking for talented, self-directed individuals who combine technical know-how with excellent writing abilities.
The Office Coordinator (OC) is a bright and energetic person that will be in a highly visible position. A punctual, detail-oriented, dedicated individual and team player who can ensure that our office operations run smoothly and effectively. The successful candidate must have excellent communication skills, prioritize time sensitive tasks, and have a strong sense of urgency. You will be responsible for supporting the Office Manager as well as developing intra-office communications, inventory control, and office event planning and execution. You are a proactive self-starter who is creative and likes to get their hands dirty and can think outside the box.
Please note: This is a part time position.
- Responsible for directing day-to-day facilities functions, inventory management, reception management, and implementing standardized policies and safety procedures in the London office
- Manage relationships with vendors, contractors, and landlords
- Support Facilities team with basic administrative tasks
- Oversees the day to day activities associated with running the London office
- Maintain high standards of cleanliness throughout the office and in communal areas working with building cleaning service as needed to ensure office cleanliness
- Greet visitors and Stackers at the front desk & log them in
- Review daily health questionnaire
- Answer phones, transfer calls, & act as the gatekeeper for unsolicited calls
- Manage relationships with vendors, contractors, and landlords.
- Coordinate lunch vouchers for all Stackers on a daily basis
- Work with building management to address maintenance issues
- Arrange building/suite passes for new Stackers
- Manage the office supply and snack procurement
- Administrative duties
- Coordinate with departments to handle inbound mail, scanning, and emailing as needed
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, training, and activities. Take and publish meeting notes and agendas
- Assist with business travel and schedule coordination for visiting leadership
Qualifications (knowledge, skills and abilities)
- Attention to detail, must be a detail-oriented person
- Ability to manage their time and work independently
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to deliver excellent customer service
- Proficiency in G Suite, Slack
- Ability to build relationships
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Considerable time on your feet and walking throughout the office
- Carry and put away regular deliveries that may require lifting up to 25 lbs
- Occasionally spending considerable time working at a computer
What you’ll get in return:
- Private Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance - Starts from your first day of employment
- Unlimited Sick Days
- Professional Development Budget: Up to 2,500 USD equivalent
- Life Assurance
- 1:1 coaching with a professional coach (you may opt for as many sessions as you like)
- Equivalent of $100 / month for internet & other such services
- GBP 100 / month for gym
- Pension Plan
- Income Protection Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement - $5250 equivalent for Undergraduate / Graduate courses
- Stock Option Plan
- Never poked with a sharp stick
If you want to work in our office… You’ll be in our office in London, and enjoy additional benefits like free lunch every day, and all the espresso you can drink.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Exchange, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.