Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. More than 60 million professional and aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, and find job opportunities. We partner with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, and enable the world's developers. The products and services are focused on technical recruiting, developer marketing, and enterprise knowledge sharing.
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Account Executive to join our Advertising team. This position would be based out of UK and would report to our Sr. Director of Sales, Advertising. As an integral member of the team, you’ll have a direct impact on the growth of Ad Revenue through the sale of ad inventory on our highest-trafficked sites; Stack Overflow, Super User, and Server Fault, as well as 21 other tech-related Q&A sites. You’ll also leverage current relationships as well as build future relationships with a broad range of tech clients.
What you’ll do:
- Respond to incoming leads and prospect for new business
- Research clients’ needs and build strong proposals
- Manage the full sales cycle including lead generation, cold calling, and managing relationships
- Work closely with the Advertising Operations team on account maintenance including campaign management, optimization, and customer service
- Develop lasting and profitable relationships with new and existing customers in order to maximize revenues for the company
What you should have:
- 5+ years of direct digital advertising sales experience
- Rolodex of both agency and client-direct technology clients
- Friendly, ethical and honest
- Strong understanding of a consultative sales process with the ability to ask the right questions
- Understanding of the media sales landscape
- Media background preferred
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Work closely with and learn from the existing sales team
- Comfortable with all aspects of lead generation including cold-calling and relationship building
- Ability to research a clients’ needs and build strong proposals
- Account maintenance including campaign management, optimization, and customer service
- Self-sufficient, but not afraid to ask questions when necessary
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive Base Salary between $72K and $108K USD + Commission
- 20 days paid vacation
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks at 100% pay), family care leave, and paid sick days
- Long-term incentive (equity grant)
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- 401K match
- Health & Wellness stipend
- Employees will never be poked with a sharp stick
If your role is not located in one of our offices…. We’ll reimburse you up to $2,000 to set up a great home office.
If you want to work in our office… You’ll be in our headquarters in New York City, and enjoy additional benefits like free lunches, transportation reimbursement, and all the espresso you can drink.
We’re a remote-friendly team. Whether you work remotely or work out of our offices you’ll be part of a remote work culture that emphasizes online communication (Slack, GitHub, Hangouts, Zoom, Stack Overflow for Teams).
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Exchange, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.