Stack Overflow is on a mission to empower the world to develop technology through collective knowledge. More than 100 million developers and technologists come to Stack Overflow’s public platform every month making it one of the 100 most popular websites in the world. To learn more about us, visit stackoverflow.com/company.
Collectives™ is a new product offering that creates a set of spaces where content related to certain languages, products, or services is grouped together on Stack Overflow. For our users, these spaces make it easier to discover and share knowledge around their favorite technologies. For technology organizations, the platform provides tools to reach, engage and gain insights into the community of users that already exists around their technologies.
We’re adding a Senior Account Executive to our team to focus on the sale of Collectives to technology providers. This is a high-visibility position within the company that will play a critical role in accelerating the revenue growth of this product. It can be based out of our New York HQ or Remote (US).
What you’ll do:
- Respond to incoming leads and strategically/continuously prospect for new business
- Research clients’ needs and build strong proposals
- Manage the full sales process from first pitch through contract negotiation
- Work closely with the Customer Success team on account maintenance, including program management, optimization, and customer service
- Work closely with the product, marketing, sales and customer success teams to gain customer feedback to help form future iterations of the product offering
- Develop lasting and profitable relationships with new and existing customers in order to maximize revenues for the company
What you should have:
- 5+ years of direct sales experience preferably in SaaS calling on customers in the developer space
- Rolodex of influential contacts at some of the top technology vendors in the industry, ideally those in a marketing, developer marketing, developer relations or developer support role
- Friendly, ethical and honest sales approach
- Strong understanding of the consultative sales process with the ability to ask the right questions
- An understanding of the technology landscape especially as it relates to developers
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- An ability to work closely with and learn from the existing sales, product, marketing and customer success teams
- A comfort with all aspects of the sales cycle including lead generation, cold-calling and relationship building
- Ability to research a client needs and build strong proposals
- Self sufficient but not afraid to ask questions when necessary
- WIlling to travel based on client and/or market needs
- Must be able to organize, prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously
Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive Base Salary between $86K and $144K USD + Commission
- 20 days paid vacation
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks at 100% pay), family care leave, and paid sick days
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- 401K match
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Employees will never be poked with a sharp stick
If your role is not located in one of our offices…. We’ll reimburse you up to $2,000 to set up a great home office.
If you want to work in our office… You’ll be in our headquarters in New York City, and enjoy additional benefits like free lunches, transportation reimbursement, and all the espresso you can drink.
We’re a remote-friendly team. Whether you work remotely or work out of our offices you’ll be part of a remote work culture that emphasizes online communication (Slack, GitHub, Hangouts, Zoom, Stack Overflow for Teams).
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Exchange, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.