Stack Overflow is on a mission to empower the world to develop technology through collective knowledge. More than 100 million developers and technologists come to Stack Overflow’s public platform every month making it one of the 50 most-visited websites in the world. To learn more about us, visit stackoverflow.com/company.
Collectives™ is a new product offering that creates a set of spaces where content related to certain languages, products, or services is grouped together on Stack Overflow. For our users, these spaces make it easier to discover and share knowledge around their favorite technologies. For technology organizations, the platform provides tools to reach, engage and gain insights into the community of users that already exists around their technologies.
We’re adding a Senior Product Marketing Manager to the team to own all aspects of product marketing for Collectives. This is a high-visibility position within the company that will play a critical role in defining the future and accelerating the growth of this product.
What you’ll be doing
- Become an expert on the Collectives product, as well as the needs of our buyers and the Stack Overflow developer community.
- Develop clear product messaging for customers and Stack Overflow users. Use research and insights to create compelling value propositions and help shape future product development.
- Manage go-to-market planning. You’ll work cross-functionally with colleagues in Product Management, Community, Marketing, Customer Success, and Sales teams.
- Own the pricing strategy for the product.
- Own the development of marketing and sales collateral. Manage internal and external resources to produce these assets.
- Partner with Sales, Sales Enablement and Product Management to deliver sales training and programs.
- Partner with Customer Success, Product Management and Product Design to develop customer-facing training and in-product messaging to support onboarding and drive adoption/engagement.
- Partner with Demand Generation to develop programs and campaigns that generate awareness and pipeline for the product.
Skills & experience you bring
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience with a B2B enterprise or open source technology organizations in a technical product marketing, developer marketing, and/or developer relations role.
- Experience working with developer communities and ecosystems.
- Experience managing buyer personas, product messaging and positioning, collateral development, sales training and product launches.
- Experience partnering with Product, Research, Community, Product Design, Sales and Sales Enablement, Customer Success, Demand Gen and Design teams.
- Excellent writing and communication skills. You’re comfortable presenting to sales, senior leadership, and customers.
- Experience analyzing data to define success metrics and using available insights to tell a story.
- While we’re very open to hiring remote (globally), we need your working hours to overlap with at least the hours of 10AM - 1PM US Eastern time.
- If this job interests you but you aren’t certain if you meet all of the requirements, apply anyway - we value different perspectives and experience.
- We’ll only consider applications with a cover letter - please make sure to include yours and tell us what you’ll bring to the team.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive Base Salary between $140K and $190K USD
- 20 days paid vacation
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks at 100% pay), family care leave, and paid sick days
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- 401K match
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Employees will never be poked with a sharp stick
If your role is not located in one of our offices…. We’ll reimburse you up to $2,000 to set up a great home office.
If you want to work in our office… You’ll be in our headquarters in New York City, and enjoy additional benefits like free lunches, transportation reimbursement, and all the espresso you can drink.
We’re a remote-friendly team. Whether you work remotely or work out of our New York office (re-opening voluntarily Fall 2021), you’ll be part of a remote work culture that emphasizes online communication (Slack, GitHub, Hangouts, Zoom, Stack Overflow for Teams).
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Exchange, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.