Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. More than 50 million professional and aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, and find job opportunities.
We partner with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, and enable the world's developers. The products and services are focused on technical recruiting, developer marketing, and enterprise knowledge sharing. Our clientele includes Google, Microsoft, Bloomberg, and many other Fortune 500 names.
The Stack Overflow for Teams helps software teams build better, faster, and easier by equipping them with Stack Overflow’s unique and industry-leading solution for team enablement. The Account Executive is responsible for driving revenue, along with developing and nurturing relationships with key Enterprise accounts and partners. You’ll also work with cross-functional teams to help align our product roadmap and marketing materials with customer feedback. This role will report into the Sales Director, Teams.
What you’ll do:
- Respond to incoming leads and prospect for new business
- Develop relationships with a set number of key strategic accounts within a geographic region
- Begin to map-out or blueprint account stakeholders and buying processes through the development of relationships at prospect accounts
- Manage the full sales cycle including lead generation, cold calling, and managing relationships
- Serve as a key representative of the “customer voice” in the product development process internally and work with other members of the team to drive advancement of the product and overall business
- Work with the Managing Director, Teams and sales operations team to develop and evolve the sales process and associated infrastructure
- Work closely and in alignment with Customer Success team to ensure successful deployments and continued account growth
- Begin to uncover the specific pains of the various stakeholders and work to build strategies to trigger, drive and engage opportunities
- Provide feedback and viewpoint from the customer and sales team to help improve the Stack Overflow Teams product and business
What you’ll need to have:
- 10+ years in B2B sales; SaaS or software
- 4+ years experience selling enterprise technology in a fast-paced and competitive market
- Experience closing sales and generating revenue
- Have a consistent track record of identifying customer needs and successfully implementing solutions
- Strong communicator able of working across teams and departments
- Comfortable with all aspects of lead generation including cold-calling and relationship building
- Passionate about the Stack Overflow story and our global connection to developers and ways that we can help them learn, share and level up
- Exceptional presentation and interpersonal skills, and an ability to interface to senior levels of an organization and develop productive C-level relationships
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive Base Salary between $120K and $180K USD + Commission
- 20 days paid vacation
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks at 100% pay), family care leave, and paid sick days
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- 401K match
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Employees will never be poked with a sharp stick
If your role is not located in one of our offices…. We’ll reimburse you up to $2,000 to set up a great home office.
If you want to work in our office… You’ll be in our headquarters in New York City, and enjoy additional benefits like free lunches, transportation reimbursement, and all the espresso you can drink.
We’re a remote-friendly team. Whether you work remotely or work out of our New York office (re-opening voluntarily Fall 2021), you’ll be part of a remote work culture that emphasizes online communication (Slack, GitHub, Hangouts, Zoom, Stack Overflow for Teams).
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Exchange, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.