As a Manager, Customer Success for Stack Overflow for Teams (Enterprise), you will be part of the leadership team on our Customer Success Team. You will be leading the Enterprise Customer Success strategy to continue to tee up for the next phase of our growth trajectory.
You will be leading a group of experienced Customer Success Managers and Senior Customer Success Managers, who are responsible for the adoption, value and growth for our Enterprise customers. This role spans ownership of Enterprise customer success journey from post-sale through renewal and growth. This role will focus on our Enterprise product offering, which is aligned across all market segments but with specific focus on Enterprise and Large Enterprise.
As a manager and leader, you will need to take a community driven approach to Customer Success, believe in the Stack Overflow platform and community, and be vested in the growth of the company. On a daily basis, you will be responsible to build the operational rigor on the team, coach the team, build key relationships with Executives and champions, and improve the overall Enterprise customer experience.
This role will also work very closely with our cross functional partners on sales, product, marketing, people team, legal and finance to ensure smooth functioning of the Enterprise business to meet our shared goals with customers and drive outcomes for both Stack and our Enterprise customers.
What you’ll do:
- Lead a team of experienced Senior Customer Success (Sr. CSM) and Customer Success Managers who manage our high touch segment on Stack Overflow for Teams Enterprise product
- Focus on improving the overall adoption, value story and outcomes for customers on the Enterprise product
- Coach, hire and mentor a stellar team by providing feedback, coaching and guidance according to individual’s strengths and areas of improvement
- Drive towards the most important goals of our business and aligned to KPIs
- Identify playbooks to proactively address risks and opportunities with adoption and engagement
- Support the Enterprise Customer Success managers with EBR and Business value mapping conversations
- Collaborate on account reviews with Account Executives, Managing Directors and Customer Success Managers to identify opportunities to increase customer value
- Partner with our Sales team to support with pre-sales activities for high potential customers
- Participate and lead key items on our weekly, monthly and quarterly business reviews with cross functional partners in the business to highlight risk, opportunities and progress around key initiatives on our Customer Success roadmap
- Collaborate with VP, Customer Success, other leaders on the Customer Success team to mutually build, execute and refine the Customer Success roadmap
What you’ll need to have:
- 8+ years of relevant experience in Customer Success, 3+ years in Management capacity as a Team Lead or Manager/Sr. Manager, Customer Success
- Prior experience being an individual contributor Customer Success Manager (renewal, upsell quota responsibility in a SaaS organization preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant discipline or equivalent experience
- Passion for building trust, fostering relationships, and communicating effectively with customers
- Passion to coach, hire and train a high performing and functioning team
- Ability to prioritize and multitask while maintaining urgency, thoughtfulness, and poise under pressure while keeping an eye on the KPIs and success metrics for customers and our business
- A collaborative mindset to promote partnership to ensure that Stack Overflow for Teams is front and center in Customer’s tech stack
- Proactive, scrappy, curious-minded, and organized team player with innovative ideas to inspire customer engagement, loyalty, and adoption
Nice to Have
- Strong experience with tools such as Salesforce, Clari and Catalyst
- Experience with a developer product or professional community management platform for a large technologically-focused user base
- Competitive base salary between $112K and $168K USD + Commission
- 20 days paid vacation
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks at 100% pay), family care leave, and unlimited sick days
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Employees will never be poked with a sharp stick
If you want to work remotely…. We’ll reimburse you up to $2,000 to set up a great home office.
If you want to work in our office… You’ll be in our headquarters in New York City, and enjoy additional benefits like free lunch every day prepared by our own in-house chefs, transportation reimbursement, and all the espresso you can drink.
We’re a remote-friendly team. Whether you work remotely or work out of our office (re-opening June 2021 at the earliest due to COVID-19), you’ll be part of a remote work culture that emphasizes online communication (Slack, GitHub, Hangouts, Zoom, Stack Overflow for Teams).
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Stack Overflow does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.